Ride is the quality of the vehicle’s movement as it is driven down the road. Based on their intended use, vehicles can have a variety of different ride characteristics. Factors that affect a vehicle's ride include the suspension, steering and brakes.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A saddle horse.
- A road or avenue cut in a wood, or through grounds, to be used as a place for riding; a riding.
- To be borne in a carriage; as, to ride in a coach, in a car, and the like. See Synonym, below.
- To be borne or in a fluid; to float; to lie.
- To be supported in motion; to rest.
- To manage a horse, as an equestrian.
- To support a rider, as a horse; to move under the saddle; as, a horse rides easy or hard, slow or fast.
- To manage insolently at will; to domineer over.
- To convey, as by riding; to make or do by riding.
- To overlap (each other); -- said of bones or fractured fragments.
More from this Section
- Disc changer
Disc changer is an in-dash or remote-mounted CD or DVD/CD player that can store and read ...
- Air filtration
Air filtration is the removal of solid particulates (such as dust, pollen, mold and bacteria) ...
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is a coverage in which your own insurance company pays ...
- Remote window operation
Remote window operation is the control of a vehicles power window system by one or more ...
- Bi-level purge valve
Bi-level purge valve in an evaporative emissions system, a valve that limits the flow ...