Ride is the quality of the vehicle’s movement as it is driven down the road. Based on their intended use, vehicles can have a variety of different ride characteristics. Factors that affect a vehicle's ride include the suspension, steering and brakes.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A saddle horse.
- A road or avenue cut in a wood, or through grounds, to be used as a place for riding; a riding.
- To be borne in a carriage; as, to ride in a coach, in a car, and the like. See Synonym, below.
- To be borne or in a fluid; to float; to lie.
- To be supported in motion; to rest.
- To manage a horse, as an equestrian.
- To support a rider, as a horse; to move under the saddle; as, a horse rides easy or hard, slow or fast.
- To manage insolently at will; to domineer over.
- To convey, as by riding; to make or do by riding.
- To overlap (each other); -- said of bones or fractured fragments.
More from this Section
- Finance and insurance office
Finance and insurance office sometimes referred as the "F&I office." The office within ...
Bolstering is an upholstered foam supports integrated into a seat that help keep the driver ...
- Sun Sensor
Sun Sensor is a dash top sensor, usually dome-shaped, that measures the "sun load" on ...
- Bumper Fascia
Bumper Fascia (FAY-sha) is on all late-model cars, the fascia is that part of a bumper ...
Bore is the diameter, in inches, of the cylinders in the vehicles engine. ...