Warrant is a document that conveys the preemptive right to existing stockholders.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A writing which authorizes a person to receive money or other thing.
- A precept issued by a magistrate authorizing an officer to make an arrest, a seizure, or a search, or do other acts incident to the administration of justice.
- An official certificate of appointment issued to an officer of lower rank than a commissioned officer. See Warrant officer, below.
- That which vouches or insures for anything; guaranty; security.
- That which attests or proves; a voucher.
- Right; legality; allowance.
- To make secure; to give assurance against harm; to guarantee safety to; to give authority or power to do, or forbear to do, anything by which the person authorized is secured, or saved harmless, from any loss or damage by his action.
- To support by authority or proof; to justify; to maintain; to sanction; as, reason warrants it.
- To give a warrant or warranty to; to assure as if by giving a warrant to.
- To secure to, as a grantee, an estate granted; to assure.
- To secure to, as a purchaser of goods, the title to the same; to indemnify against loss.
- To secure to, as a purchaser, the quality or quantity of the goods sold, as represented. See Warranty, n., 2.
- To assure, as a thing sold, to the purchaser; that is, to engage that the thing is what it appears, or is represented, to be, which implies a covenant to make good any defect or loss incurred by it.
More from this Section
- Differentiated targeting
Differentiated targeting also called multi segment targeting, exists when a firm carefully ...
- Market leader
Market leader is the firm in an industry with the largest market share. ...
- Shopping products
Shopping products are less frequently purchased consumer products and services that customers ...
- Net profit percentage
Net profit percentage shows the percentage of each sales dollar going to profit. It is ...
- Marketing orientation
Marketing orientation is an emphasis on identifying the needs and wants of specific consumer ...