Concepts and techniques need to perform the “people” or personnel aspects of management job. These includes:
- Conducting job analyses (determining the nature of each employee’s job)
- Planning labor needs and recruiting fob candidates
- Selecting job candidates
- Orienting and training new employees
- Managing wages and salaries (compensating employees)
- Providing incentives and benefits
- Appraising performance
- Communicating (interviewing, counseling, disciplining)
- Training and developing managers
- Building employee commitment
More from this Section
- Intersectional discrimination
Intersectional discrimination refers to discrimination not just because of one protected ...
- Business Strategy
A business strategy is the action plan for managing a single line of business. It focuses ...
- Blue-Sky Law
Blue-Sky Law allows state law that prevents corporations form issuing worthless securities ...
- Organizational transformation
Organizational transformation refers to organization-wide changes, such as restructuring ...
- Observation of job
Observation of a job can be either direct or indirect. In indirect observation, analysts ...