A global company is an international company that centralizes management and other decisions in the home country.
Literally, global means worldwide but a global company doesn’t necessarily perform business worldwide. It is a company that performs business in at least 1 country other than its home country.
Adobe, Cisco, Coca-Cola, and Google are some popular examples of global companies.
Use of the Term in Sentences:
- Global companies do a lot of research before expanding their business into another country.
- Global companies must know the different laws and regulations of other countries.
- If a global company thinks of expanding its business to a country where the costs of manufacturing and labor are cheaper, it can save its operating costs.
- A global company may face technological difficulties if the other country of operation is technologically less advanced.
- Global companies create new opportunities for jobs in countries where they are entering.
- Global companies can take a seasonal advantage if their products are seasonal.
More from this Section
- Stability strategy
Stability strategy is a corporate strategy in which an organization continues to do what ...
- Multidomestic Industries
An industry in which competition is segmented from country to country.Thus, even if global ...
- Agency Theory
There is a separation of the owners (principals) and the managers (agents) of a firm, ...
- Organizational design
Organizational design, a process that involves decisions about six key elements: work ...
Entrepreneurship is the process of bringing together the creative and innovative ideas ...