This is the number of different tasks required in a job and the frequency with which those tasks are repeated.
It refers to the number of several tasks and job cycles within a job for a specific period.
This is the entire area which the job includes or deals with.
For instance, a dental hygienist’s job could be enlarged so that in addition to cleaning teeth, he or she is taking patients’ files, re-filling them when finished, and sanitizing and storing instruments.
Use of the Term in Sentences:
- Jim’s job scope requires him to travel to different countries of the world all year round.
- Please be sure about your job scope before joining the job or it may create a problem further.
- Allen’s job scope requires her to replying to the mails frequently with proper justification.
- Your job scope specifies to greet the patients, take reports from them, scanning them, re-arranging them, and giving them back to the patients.
- According to her job scope, she has to make at least 80 calls per day and send the complete call report to the manager.
More from this Section
Motivation refers to the process by which a person’s efforts are energized, directed, ...
- Philosophy of management
Philosophy of management is a manager’s attitude about work and the people who perform ...
- Contingency approach
The contingency approach (sometimes called the situations approach) says that organizations ...
- Need for achievement
Need for achievement (nAch) which is the drive to succeed and excel in relation to a set ...
- Planned economy
An economic system in which all economic decisions are planned by a central government ...