Brand elements are those trademarkable devices that serve to identify and differentiate the brand such as a brand name, logo, or character.
There are six criteria for choosing these elements. The first three- memorable, meaningful, and likable— are “brand building.” The later three— transferable, adaptable, and protectable— are “defensive” and help leverage and preserve brand equity against challenges.
Brands include various parts which are known as brand elements. They have a logo, name, storytelling, packaging, and many more. The key or main brand elements are briefly discussed below:
- Name element: When anyone is thinking of creating a company, s/he faces a common problem of finding an original name. It means almost everything for a brand. Several renowned companies possess a great name such as the iPhone or Google.
- Logo element: A company’s logo is one of its key brand elements. Just like a brand’s name its logo should also be comprehensive and clear. The log’s fonts, size, color, and each little specialty should contain a meaning.
- Color element: Companies choose their brand colors carefully. Different colors give different types of messages. Yellow gives joy, red indicates love, and so on. Famous brands have created their places in the market with their colors like Coca-cola with its red color.
- Slogan element: A company shows its philosophy through the slogan element.
- Packaging, style elements: A company should consider each little attribute carefully while packaging a product such as logos, colors, fonts, and sizes.
- Archetype element: There are 12 archetypes. They are 1. Hero 2. The magician 3. The rebel 4. Explorer 5. The sage 6. Innocent 7. The lover 8. Everyman 9. The Jester 10. Creator 11. The Ruler 12. The Caregiver. These are unconscious ways or patterns of the deeds of a company.
- Sound elements: Branding’s other aspect is sound. We can hear someone or people speaking in commercials. The voice’s tone of that speaking person or persons is quite important.
- Messaging elements: Each brand gives a different type of message. It is based on the product or service they offer.
- Font elements: All brands have different font styles. A brand book can have 2 or a maximum of 3 fonts. Fonts also represent the brand’s philosophy.
- Elements of advertising tools: Advertising tools consist of banners, catalogs, posters, and flyers.
- Video making elements: Different types of videos are available on TV, Facebook, and Youtube. These are parts of branding. A company can use different elements while creating a video like Fanta uses lots of orange and vitamin C.
- Elements of websites, apps, and social media platforms: Websites and apps are sources of income for many companies. Again, almost all brands are presented on Facebook and Instagram nowadays. There are also Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and so many other media platforms. All these require different elements like interesting and trendy images, videos, contents, app designs, and the like.
More from this Section
- Repositioned products
Repositioned products is the current products that are either targeted to different markets ...
Geographic’s is the separation of large markets into smaller groupings according to ...
- Share of customer
Share of customer is the portion of the customer’s purchasing that a company gets in ...
- Online marketing research
Means collecting primary data through Internet surveys, online panels, experiments, and ...
- On-site inspection
On-site inspection is the buyer’s inspectors examine purchased items throughout the ...